ACQUIRE THE LIFE-SAVING SKILLS NEEDED TO ELIMINATE OR REDUCE MOST HELICOPTER ACCIDENTS
A vital resource for pilots, helicopter enthusiasts, and aircraft maintenance technicians, Fatal Traps for Helicopter Pilots analyzes all aspects of helicopter accidents, including flight basics, engineering, meteorology, flight training, and human factors. This life-saving guide shows how proper preparation can help prevent accidents by addressing causes such as aerodynamic problems, mechanical failures, poor loading, mid-air collisions, and more.
Filled with case studies and first-hand accounts of accidents, the book organizes accident types by primary causes, presenting proven methods for eliminating or reducing the possibility of each type. Greg Whyte, an experienced commercial helicopter pilot and professional aviation writer, draws on his own flying experiences and those of other flight veterans to provide a wealth of practical information and safety tips that enables readers to:
- Identify and address the common causes of helicopter accidents
- Explore in-depth examples of accident scenarios
- Examine the technical details of accident causes
- Review case studies and first-hand accounts of accidents
- Learn from the plain-English notes on avoidance and recovery