The Lightspeed Delta Zulu™ is built for your mission. Our newest headset could save the lives of both pilots and passengers. It includes Lightspeed’s best ANR to date, with the superior comfort and durability you expect, while also introducing groundbreaking new technologies.
LIFE SAVING – LIFE CHANGING
Kanari® smart alert technology built right into the headset delivers audible warnings to you by measuring cabin carbon monoxide levels, helping to keep you and your passengers alert and safe. A built-in audio equalization system called HearingEQity® ensures crystal clear flight communication with your individual hearing profile created through an automated 12-frequency hearing test.
The Lightspeed App also allows you to check the CO sensor data, create your own hearing profile, record radio conversations, playback transmissions, and archive flight recordings for post-flight briefing and training. Delta Zulu is also the first headset to adopt the UAC plug, allowing you to connect to other devices directly from the headset for charging, data communications, and auxiliary audio.
What’s in the Box
11.5 × 11.25 × 5 in
Headset Plug Type
GA Dual Plugs, Panel Power (6-Pin), Heli (U-174)
Upper cable – 48 ", Lower cable – 21 1/8" For information on longer cables call our customer support team at 1-800-332-2421 before ordering.
- Bluetooth– Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology enables cell phone communications and stereo music streaming along with alerts from aviation apps.
- Low-profile comfort– Weighing just 14.9 ounces (including ear seals, head pad and mic boom), Delta Zulu has a low-profile, stainless-steel headband that follows the curve of the head for more comfortable distribution of weight and side pressure.
- High-performance fit– Delta Zulu’s tapered performance ear seals are designed to hug the curve of the jaw for a natural fit, increasing comfort and clarity while also providing a better seal around eyeglass or sunglass frames. Cup cavities allow the entire ear to fit comfortably inside.
- Durability and longevity– Made almost entirely of stainless steel and magnesium with durable cables built around a Kevlar core, Delta Zulu is designed to endure the harshest flying environments and last for years to come.
- Superior quiet– Delta Zulu delivers advanced active noise reduction (ANR) performance over a deep, broad range of low-frequency noise. The magnesium ear cups are superior at blocking out high-frequency noise.
- Clear comms– The Dual Aperture Disc microphone provides greater noise cancellation for clearer, more intelligible communications. Exclusive, user-adjustable mic gain helps balance loud and soft voices in a multi-headset environment.
- ComPriority™– Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which automatically lowers the volume of any auxiliary device during radio or intercom transmissions. The soft mute feature gently eases music back in for a smooth listening transition.
- Auto Shutoff™– Lightspeed’s proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset power when not in use.
- Included accessories– Carrying case, single port wall charger, lithium-ion battery cartridge, AA battery cartridge, UAC to USB-A cable, a cord shirt clip, and a set of personalized icon chips to distinguish multiple headsets.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – We know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That’s why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- Available configurations– Dual GA, LEMO panel power, U-174. Others available by special order. Please contact Customer Support if your configuration is not listed.
- 7-year limited warranty– The BEST in the aviation industry. Lightspeed stands by the quality of the Delta Zulu with a comprehensive 7-year warranty of materials and workmanship.
Battery power supply: 3V, two AA batteries
Weight: 14.9 oz. (including ear seals and mic boom)
Panel aircraft 8-40 VDC
Transducer: 40mm moving coil
Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz Nominal impedance @ 1 kHz:
OFF—Mono: 200 ohms, ON—Mono: 280 ohms
OFF—Stereo: 400 ohms, ON—Stereo: 560 ohms
Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
Frequency response: 200 Hz-6000 Hz
Maximum SPL: 114 dB
Terminating impedance: 220-2200 ohms
Operating voltage: 8V-16V DC
Please log in to your Lightspeed account to register your headset.
By registering, you can view your order and service history, request support, and update your information. You will also receive an invitation to sign up to receive important updates, offers, and event invitations.
IMPORTANT: If you purchased your headset directly from Lightspeed, your product is already registered with us.
Built-in carbon monoxide detector
The Lightspeed Delta Zulu is the first headset with a built-in carbon monoxide detector and alerting system. It works right out of the box: simply put the headset on and press the power button—you’ll automatically get audio alerts anytime unsafe levels of CO are detected. Because you use a headset on every flight, you’ll enjoy always-on protection and never have to worry about carrying a separate CO detector. Use the free Lightspeed app (for iOS devices) to get historical CO trends or adjust alert levels to suit your preferences.
Flexible power options
Keeping your Delta Zulu powered is easy with the standard rechargeable battery pack. This slim battery lasts for 30 hours and can be recharged in flight from a battery pack or cigarette lighter plug (sold separately). If you forget to charge the battery, quick-change to the AA battery pack in seconds to enjoy 15-20 hours of backup power. Or choose the panel-powered (Lemo plug) model for battery-free convenience.
Custom audio profiles
Lightspeed has always offered some of the finest audio quality of any aviation headset, especially when listening to music, but it’s even better on Delta Zulu. Use the Lightspeed app to complete a one-time hearing test and the headset’s new Hearing EQity feature will customize the audio experience in each ear to maximize clarity. Ideal for pilots with moderate hearing loss, it’s like having your own sound engineer on board for every flight.
Delta Zulu is built to last, with a rugged stainless steel headband, tangle-free cables wrapped in Kevlar, and an unmatched seven year warranty. Thoughtful design choices abound, including a control box where both cables come out the top and a crush-proof carrying case.
Lightspeed’s best ANR yet
While Delta Zulu might look like an upgraded Zulu 3, under the hood everything is new. It uses additional microphones and dual processors to create Lightspeed’s quietest headset yet. You’ll be able to understand air traffic control more easily and arrive at your destination less fatigued.
Full Bluetooth features
As you would expect with a premium ANR headset, Delta Zulu has complete Bluetooth integration. Listen to music in flight (a passenger favorite) or make phone calls on the ground and enjoy the headset’s noise cancellation to make everything clearer.