Not only does Stratus 3 deliver subscription-free weather, dual-band ADS-B traffic and WAAS GPS information to your flight app, the built-in AHRS technology also drives a very responsive pitch and bank instrument within the apps that support it. Essentially a “backup glass cockpit” on your iPad, this provides an excellent backup for emergency situations.
- Subscription-free weather
- WAAS GPS
- Dual-band ADS-B traffic
- Backup attitude (AHRS)
- Pressure altitude sensor
- Smart Wi-Fi
- Auto shut-off
- 8-hour battery life
How Stratus 3 is different that 2S:
Open ADS-B Mode
Stratus 3 can be configured to work with other popular flight apps using the industry-standard GDL 90 protocol by enabling Open ADS-B Mode.
Allows you to use 3G/4G LTE internet on your iPad while connected to Stratus 3.
To preserve battery, Stratus 3 automatically powers down after your flight by detecting when it’s idle or at less than a 3D GPS lock.
The kit includes a gel dash mount, charging cable, 110V wall plug, and a pilot’s guide. Stratus 3 has a 2-year warranty.
HOW STRATUS 3 IS DIFFERENT THAN 2S:
- Open ADS-B – works with other apps using industry standard protocol (GDL 90).
- Smart WiFi – use your iPad’s LTE connection while connected to Stratus.
- Auto shutoff – Stratus automatically turns off after your flight, saving battery life.
- Improved WiFi security – hide network ID or add a password.